Friday 14 July 2017

Tough as old boots, Gold Award.

And finally, I would like to mention and pay tribute to this years winner of the coveted "Golden Tough as Old Boots " award.
Now I'm the first to admit that there was only a few worthy nominees, and the voter(s) a little thin on the ground, and possibly a tad biased, but nonetheless, my bird, Julia, aka Rodney, is the unanimous winner.
She pedalled in the cold, wet, windy, hot, minging hot, up hills, up long steep hills, down hills, smooth roads, rough roads, dirt roads and fell off a bit.
She camped anywhere, cooked anything anywhere, washed anywhere, peed anywhere, and above all put up with me.........all without complaining, unlike some of us.
Julia has made the trip possible, bearable, and enjoyable, and managed somehow to keep me sane and get to the end.
Thanks Rodders and here's to the next trip.


1 comment:

  1. Well done to both of you!! You both deserve medals! Rodders gets my vote too for The Gold Tough as Old Boots medal!! Dell you surely deserve a Survivors Medal, enduring that heat and perilous conditions. You´ve both been stoic and inspiring! Well blimmin done!!

    ReplyDelete